In the ‘not so small print’ here are the Youth Radio Rocks terms and conditions.
Welcome to the Youth Radio Rocks website (the “Website”)
This website is operated by Youth Radio Rocks (referred to as “we” or “us”).
We recommend that you read these Terms and Conditions before using any of the features on our Website. Your use of our Website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access our Website, and the material contained therein, and your use of the Website should cease immediately.
Should you have any queries about these Terms and Conditions, please email us via the Email Us page.
If you are aged sixteen or under, you must seek the permission of a parent or guardian before accessing or using our Website.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is the responsibility of the user to check these Terms to ensure that you agree to them, before using our Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights ( registered and unregistered ) in and on our website and all content ( including any applications ) located on the site shall remain the sole property of Youth Radio Rocks or its licensor’s ( which includes other users ) .
You must not:
Republish material from our website without prior written consent.
Sell or rent material from our website.
Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use..
Redistribute any content from our website, including onto another website.
All material on this Website either belongs to or is licensed to us by our affiliates, and should be treated as if belonging to us. Material on this Website must not be copied, reproduced, published or republished, posted, uploaded, distributed or transmitted, modified, manipulated or reverse engineered. Unauthorised use of material on this Website as detailed above constitutes a breach of copyright and associated intellectual property rights. Competitions featured on our website are subject to our Competition Terms and Conditions.
Where our Website requires you to register, you must provide accurate and complete information. Currently this is just for the newsletter and as such does not require password or security details. We reserve the right to contact you by email as provided at the time of registration, regarding your use of any interactive areas of the Website.
We have no control over the information and material posted on our interactive areas, but we reserve the right to edit, move and remove posts as necessary to keep the interactive areas safe for other users.
Users are asked not to:
- use posts in any interactive areas to advertise goods or services;
- make posts or comments that are libellous, indecent, abusive, threatening, or infringe the copyright or other rights of third parties;
- post messages which contain illegal or otherwise unlawful material;
- post messages which contain viruses or code which may cause damage to another user’s computer software or equipment, or impair the functionality of the Website;
- impersonate or misrepresent any third parties
- promote or encourage any illegal activity
We cannot guarantee the reliability, accuracy or impartiality of any messages posted, and as such we request that you do not rely in any way on anything posted on our interactive areas, and that you accept all risk associated with use of these interactive areas. Users should not rely upon any of the content of this Website as constituting advice, recommendations or agreements.
We reserve the right to remove your registration if you do not comply with the above guidelines, in order to keep our Website safe and reliable for other users.
Third Party Content
Our Website may include certain material and content from third parties. Ownership of this third party content may or may not be obvious to the user, and as such users should treat all content on this website as if it were the intellectual property of Youth Radio Rocks. We have no responsibility for the content and material from third parties. Twitter feeds from presenters and volunteers are the views of those individuals and not Youth Radio Rocks.
Competition Terms and Conditions
These rules apply for all competitions unless otherwise stated:
- Unless otherwise stated on air contestants can enter each competition with Youth Radio Rocks once. Any entries, after the first, will be deleted.
- Unless otherwise stated on air or online only one prize per competition is allocated.
- Unless otherwise stated on air or online, all contestants chosen are those who have entered at the advertised time and are chosen at random by the presenter/producer in line with the advertised promotion of the competition.
- The competition will run until the competition has been completed or has run its course. Both will be advertised on air and online where possible. Youth Radio Rocks reserves the right not to give away any prize if no winner is found.
- Unless otherwise stated on air or online, there is only one prize per competition and all prizes are offered in good faith. It is recognised that at times genuine mistakes can occur. If a mistake has occurred, then the management, in its sole discretion can either award the prize to the person(s) who in their view was the original winner of the competition or alternately ask the contestants to play again on a ‘head to head’ basis. When instances like this occur, Youth Radio Rocks will provide the runner up with a prize value not exceeding 5% of the value of the advertised prize.
- Prizes offered by Youth Radio Rocks are in most cases provided to the company by a third party or sponsor. At the end of the competition the liability passes from Youth Radio Rocks to the sponsor for the deliverance of the prize offered. If the sponsor or third party thereafter cannot deliver the product or prize due to liquidation or similar, Youth Radio Rocks IS NOT liable for its provision.
- Employees, volunteers and relatives of Youth Radio Rocks or any of the co-sponsors of the competition are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Youth Radio Rocks reserves the right to alter or amend these rules at any time and to suspend the competition or cancel the competition at any time.
- Youth Radio Rocks cannot be held responsible for any loss that may be incurred by listeners attempting to enter competitions.
- Failure to gain access to competitions due to technical difficulties engaged phone lines, faulty website or for any other reason is not the responsibility of Youth Radio Rocks.
- Unless otherwise stated on air there is no cash alternative to the advertised prizes and any prize is strictly non-transferable.
- By entering competitions all contestants agree to be used in publicity, on air promotion and by any means deemed fit for the promotion of the station.
- Copyright in the on air broadcast and any photographs or images or audio of winners remains the property of Youth Radio Rocks throughout the world.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding competitions. The Programme Director’s decision is final.
- If the rules to competitions have been broken or the answer has been revealed to contestants by any third party, the prize may be withdrawn.
- Any contestant entering competitions on Youth Radio Rocks giving false or misleading information will be disqualified and any prizes won will be withdrawn. This includes, but is not limited to, name, address, telephone numbers and details of previously won prizes.
- Prizes must be claimed within 1 months from date of winning.
- We endeavour to send out all prizes within 28 days of the win. This is subject to change at our discretion.
- Youth Radio Rocks reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any updates will be displayed here on the website
Liabilities, Warranties and Indemnities
Our Website is provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without any express or implied warranty of any kind. We do not warrant that our Website will be error-free, or that any of the material therein is accurate.
We endeavour to ensure that all content on our website is correct, To the extent permitted by the applicable law, we disclaim all representations and warranties with respect to the Site and any Material thereon, either express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose; in no event will we be liable for indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage which may arise in respect of the Site, its use, or in respect of other equipment or property, or for loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss.
We are not liable to users of third party content, material or websites for inconsequential or incidental damages such as loss of profits or loss of privacy. We cannot be responsible for errors in any advertising or promotional material that appears on our Website, although we would be grateful if you would notify us, should you notice any errors in any such material. We do not exclude liability for death or personal injury to the extent only that the same arises as a result of negligence for which we are liable or otherwise, will be limited as follows:
In the event that any exclusion or other provision contained in these Terms be held to be invalid for any reason and we become liable for loss or damage that could otherwise have been limited, such liability shall be limited to £0. Youth Radio Rocks do not warrant that functions available on the website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the server that makes the website available is free of viruses and / or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks ) to satisfy your particular requirements.
Youth Radio Rocks has a robust volunteer recruitment programme and by asking to become a volunteer, you will be sent all the details to complete and return. As well as the declaration that volunteers have to complete, additional terms and conditions apply and are below.
- Youth Radio Rocks reserves the right to submit volunteers to CRB checks if considered necessary and appropriate. Any associated costs are to be born by the volunteer. A volunteer check is free but there is an administration fee of between £7 to £12 levied by the chosen checking body or agency. Any such checks will be with your prior permission and are NOT done automatically. Under 18s need their parents permission to become a volunteer and can only be in the studio / at events when a CRB certified member of staff or volunteer is also present.
- Youth Radio Rocks reserves the right to introduce a subscription scheme to help ensure that some of the running costs are met and that the service is maintained. All volunteers will be informed of this if it becomes appropriate well ahead of any implementation. The Youth Radio Rocks directors reserve the right to grant subsidised or free membership to individuals who can provide evidence of hardship, or who have demonstrated an outstanding level of input into the station.
- Volunteers conduct themselves in a fit and proper manner at all times
- Volunteers and visitors to the premises should be treated with respect and made to feel welcome. Discrimination, harassment and use of profanities will not be tolerated and will invalidate volunteer status
- All on air volunteers must read and ‘sign off’ on the Youth Radio Rocks style guide
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a filled in declaration consent form signed by their parent or guardian
General Legal Terms
Should any part of these Terms and Conditions be found to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable at law, then that part shall be severed from the Terms and Conditions to the extent that it is invalid or unenforceable, and its severance shall not affect the rest of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain enforceable at law.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law, and all disputes arising from them shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.